St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

I actually really liked this cd. The guitar playing sounds good, but not as catchy as their earlier stuff. I really like James' voice in this cd. It sounds different, but really cool. In Frantic it sounds really good. My opinion. Very good sound quality.

The lyrics are good if you fully understand what the band is saying. In St.Anger, I think James is just pissed off at Satan. I think he sold his soul, and now realized and puts in emotion that he fully regrets it. These lyrics totally fit with the music. It's not as good as their older lyrics, but its still Metallica lyrics.

This album is totally different from all their other ones. As a band, Metallica has gone through different music stages. Intense metal, slow rock, almost country style, and biker rock. It's hard to say what this music is. I say it's Metallica. My fav songs are frantic, st. anger, dirty window, the unnamed feeling, there aren't any songs that i dislike. if it were stolen, id probably borrow it (again) and burn it (again). but it is totally worth buying, since it comes with that kickass dvd. im too broke to pay the full price though.