St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

Even when I first bought this cd, I loved it. Not becuz it's Metallica, but becuz it's just heavy and raw. I love the sound (even tho some think that it is poorly produced). I really didn't care about the snare sound, it stood out, but after a while it does get a little annoying. The lack of solos is not a big deal. This new sound from Metallica is good becuz sometimes when I hear too much old stuff, it's nice to hear something different.

The lyrics are worse then ...And Justice For All, but the lyrics carry a lot of emotion and thought. Frantic for example. I read that Lars was a big part in the lyrics for this song, and Lars revealing his fear of dying. Makes you think about what you'd do if you knew how long you had to live. Also the lyrics on the other songs altho were good, I would like to see them not repeat the same verse.

I love this album. It's a new sound, it's a heavy, and new side of Metallica. Those cds were all about social justice, war, dying, and partying. But this album brought you the more personal side of Metallica, sorta like their feelings, fears, thoughts are presented to you through a song. Altho this is definitely not their best, it's a great cd. I would definitely buy this cd, since it comes with a dvd and access to free live recordings of past concerts.