St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

St. Anger is even more different than Load and Reload were, all the songs are in drop C tuning and the riffs are even heavier and faster than before. It does take a bit of getting used to when you first listen to it but after a week it sounds just as good as any other album. The quality of the songs is great, there all different and I prefer the style in St. Anger to some of the songs on the Load album.

The lyrics have been critisised alot but I dont think theres anything really wrong with them, they're different but give a different angle to their prevoius albums. Frantic can get anoying after a few listnings though maybe they should have spent longer on the lyrics. James gives it all hes got though in this album and shows his voice is just a powerful and distinctive as ever.

St. Anger is a change for Metallica but still great, the sound is new and shows Metallica can change with the times without losing the fans they already have. I felt slightly anoyed Kirk didnt get much of achance to show his skills but the songs fit together much more tightly without solos. Still a grat album though, its just as good as Load or Reload. 5 Star.