St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

Crappy production, supposedly it's to be "raw" but the drums sound like pots or garbage can lids. In fact, I have a notion in the pit of my stomach that they really did use garbage can lids for some of the drums. I have no idea what Bob Rock was thinking, he just helped ruin Metallica's CD. The riffs although are still Hetfield quality, no solos (this isn't Metallica then is it?) If this is an album to express their feelings, it's not that bad. Some worthy tracks on this album are Invisible Kid, Frantic, Some Kind Of Monster, and The Unnamed Feeling. Still a cool side of Metallica. Good to know though, that next album, it'll all change well hopefully.

Not good. That's all I can say. Not Metallica style.

If it were lost or stolen, I'd go out and buy another one cause then I wouldn't have all the Metallica CD's. It gives you a DVD and access to bootlegs and past concert, now that's a deal. If it didn't come with a DVD and access to bootlegs, I wouldn't get it because there're too many fillers on the album and crappy production even for the good songs. Like I said before, no solos and that's not really Metallica. I know people who solely go for a bands solo material and Metallica is to some people one of those bands. I don't like to compare this album, cause then it turns out s--t except for cool riffs. So, it's an ok album Metallica's worst, but hey Rob didn't contribute to any bass riffs. Most impressive songs, again Invisible Kid, Frantic, SKOM, and The Unnamed Feeling. St. Anger the title track song isn't too bad either. If this didn't have shitty production, maybe people would appreciate them more. But compared to the things I hate on this album, my hate towards old school Metallica fanboys who hate St. Anger is just too much. Get over it! Ok, you don't like it, don't listen to it. I think it's fine, could have had so many things done to make it better, but still cool. Album art sucks, it's soo plain. Can't wait for next album.