St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Metallica: St. Anger

Frantic was the only song on the album that I found to be unique. The rest of the songs were all similar and very average and Metallica seem to have lost their way and turned into a typical 21st century metal band. There were no ausumn, fast solo's and it was as they were trying to make noise rather than perform music. I expected much more of Metallica really.

A thing that made Metallica's previous albums so good were Hetfield's lyrics. St. Anger reveals lyrics the standard of an unexperienced high school garage band. I expected lyrics that actually spoke to me and meant something to me like their previous albums did. These lyrics are very average!

I am 14 years old. Metallica have been my favourite band since I was ten. I have all their albums. However St. Anger is by far the worst Metallica album that has been released. The album was on sale for ten dollars and I don't even think it is worth that amount of money. Over the years Metallica have proved to us that they are the best rock band alive, however st anger does not show Metallica's full potential. However I am positive that Metallica will bounce back with another album and show the world what they are really capable of.