St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Metallica: St. Anger

The overall sound quality of this album was what I would have expect of a garage band with no money, the production is terrible, there is no trademark Metallica solos anywhere. The riffs are really basic and end up sounding bad. Bass guitar tuning was really bad and Lars' drumming was really annoying you could hear the hissing of his cymbals all the way through all the songs. It is a very heavy and gritty album standout tracks are The Unnamed Feeling and Some Kind Of Monster.

The lyrics seems meaningless, they have no point and make no sense what so ever. I think the band just concentrated on making the lyrics rhyme. "Shoot Me Again" is the worst Metallica song ever and lyrically it is pathetic. Listening to the lyrics I find they repeat themselves and they are boring and simple. It ends up being torture to listen to. Standout tracks lyrically are Some Kind Of Monster and My World.

There are far better metal albums out that are about 100 times better than this album. It doesn't sound like Metallica that once influenced millions.