St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

I must admit, when I heard they were turn back to their old ways, I expected something different. At first I didn't like it. After seeing Some Kind Of Monster (the movie) I picked it back up. It's has been a year since I listened to it and when I picked it back up I had a new respect. Dispite what people say, that cd is great. Most people talk all this shit about the song "St. Anger" which, in my eyes is one of the worst songs on the CD. If all you is talk s--t about that one f--king song you should be killed. Have you heard "All Within My Hands" or "Sweet Amber"? They kick so much ass. If you talk bad about the CD don't bulls--t like you listened to the whole thing. If your whole comment revolves around "St. Anger" everyon knows you haven't. This CD is very raw. They acomplished what they wanted and thats to sound like a garage band like in Kill'Em All.

The lyrics are a little shaky at first. They do get better. Some of them are actually deep. It fits with the music perfectly and I've always liked James's singing.

Compared to others, they still rain suprem. It's the fact that they want to go back to their old style that moves me the most. The whole CD is heavy. No downtime. Youe heads bobbin' every minute of this CD. Bob Rock kicked ass on the bass. The only thing I don't like is the fact that Kirk (my favorite guitarist next to Steve Vai) dosen't have any solo's. Other than that I really like it. If I lost it or it was stolen I would buy another copy. I can't wait for their next CD.