St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Metallica: St. Anger

Well I liked the sound. New and unique. The riffs were great, the songs however were not. They were far too repetitive and a solo or two would be nice. By the way, just to clear some stuff up that people don't seem to realise. Rob does not play on the CD. it is Bob Rock on bass. Rob only plays on the DVD that comes with the CD. And kirk only does backing vocals on the DVD. And I agree with what a lit of people have been saying, as far as song composition and structure is concerend, Frantic and The Unnamed Feeling are the good ones.

Lyrics were a little immature in place. They weren't all crap, but at times they are a little cringe worthy. Hetfeild's voice however is in great shape as far as I am concerned. Perhaps don't let the rest of the band contrbute with lyrics next time.

This is the worced Metallica album I won't disagree. But that doesn't mean it is a bad album. I'll still listen to it over a lot of the other crap you get now adays. I love the guitar sound, and the whole album sound, I love the riffs. Its an OK album. Not one to start your Metallica collection with though.