St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Metallica: St. Anger

This was pretty much the same sound as all the other Metallica albums, but pretty well all of the songs sound the same! Plus, Metallica did the worst thing that they could possibly do at this time (where solos are frowned upon) by taking out the solos! What do they need two guitarist for if they aren't going to play solos?

All James Hetfield did was scream into the mic. That is not really hard to do or pleasant to listen to. The lyrics themselves were pretty crappy too. It seems like the CD is one big song. The lyrics are all about the same things. The CD is full of notices of how angry he is.

To me, the most dissapointing thing about the album was when they dropped the solos. I thought that Kirk Hammett was going to be the one to turn the music industry around and bring back the guitar solo, but instead he followed in the footsteps of the grunge bands who think they are too cool to solo. What a dissapointment.

METSOAD
    The Review that talks about Most pbands being pleased with an album of that quality is METSOAD, basically me