St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

The sound on this album is amazing, I can't believe people are still bitching about this album, it is really good and it is heavy. Kirk and James decided to try something different and I think it was pretty well worked out with the guitar breakdown's in every song which by the way is pretty cool. The drums are really, really cool too with amazing drum beats from Lars and his pounding bass drums. The bass is really cool too I can't believe people are bitching about Metallica's new bassist is awesome. So the sound was was actually pretty amazing even without the solos it is still a really good album.

The lyrics are amamzing on this album, and they do make sense on this album. I love it when Kirk and the rest of the band do the backup vocals its pretty sweet like in the song "Unnamed Feeling" when Kirk does the intro and says been here before like 6 times. The ending too Some Kind Of Monster is funny when they are chanting "Ominous I'm In Us" like 7 times.

This album is all out pure metal. It is not classic but still it is good metal and it is Metallica. I love everything about the album and I hate nothing about it. If it were lost I would defenitely buy it again. Get this album if you are a true metal fan or else!

Hammett5
    Torico wrote: "Robert Trujillo was definately an excellent choice for bass, he's such an excellent bass player. Without his bass booming in the background and creating some really cool riffs St. Anger would not be the same." I guess it's not the same then, lol. Bass was played by Bob Rock.
    If you hear like frantic live with rob playing bass all you can hear is the bass.. It is so powerful in that song live.
    Eisenhower
    Although most of you wouldn't agree with me, I think that this is one of their best albums...