St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
Metallica: St. Anger

Well lets talk about a new abum from a little local band named Metallica (just kidding). This album is really different from other successfull albums of the famous rockers, and most of the fans didn't liked it because of that. It's defenitely not the same kind of music that they were doing 20 years ago, but the songs are still really good, in my opinion. However, the sound of the instruments are not as good as they were in the first Metallica albums (especially the snare on the drum, wich sound like a metal wastebasket).

The lyrics on this album are okay, but I think James were much better with Lyrics when he wrote Ride The Lightning, MOP, or ...And Justice For All. Some song lyrics don't have much sens (Dirty Window, for example), but I don't bother much. Anyway, I think the lyrics are the worst parts of the album.

All in all, this CD is good, but very different from his older brothers (previous Metallica albums). I think it's the reason why we must not compare it to other metallica records. I think that more people would loved the album if it were not made by Metallica, because this album was not in the same style of the good old Metallica trash albums.

James_Het_Rules
    Hey guess what! I'm a die hard metallica fan, and listen to their cds each about once a day, including this one, because i am always in the mood for some heavy ass riffs!
    RockerNo.21
    corrda00 wrote: I wish Rob did some bass solos on the album. Like how Cliff did.
    Dude, Rob did't play bass on this album.
    sa man
    black album was there best cd .mop was good. but this album boring. the perfect album by metallica would be a mix of black album material and some master of puppets material mixed 2gether. i think every1 will agree
    Zombie spawn
    The bass player is gone, and so is good-Quality metallica. Shame, I'm a devoted, long-time metallica listener (Ride the lightning, (re)load, and justice for all...ect. all that good stuff) and wish they would have honored the bassist, and stopped, even as much as i love metallica, i would pay Cliff respect and all who object....go f*****g kill yourself, because this CD will do it by itself eventually.
    Zombie spawn
    one more statement about this piece of processed fecal matter: I would rather stick my right hand in a food processor, while being castrated with my left big toe being chopped off, soaking my left hand in BBQ sauce and feeding it to week-starved rotwilers, and lighting my hair on fire to cauterize my stub of a right leg that i had chopped off and eaten as a result of bordom from the first time listening to this album. yes i said it. i would rather do that than listen to that strip of canned tuna that is the new bass player, and the drummer who is either too old, or just stoned out of his mind to play drums, providing a beat that sounds like an epileptic elephant at a rave. All topped off with a rusty nail on a giant chalkboard that is the guitar rythems, and the injured male Moose giving Birth to a mix between a howler monkey, and a spider monkey who is making noises that give the impression that it has hydrochloric acid oozing from every pore in its' body, that is the "amazing" vocals that accompany every painful second of this album. Hoped i helped your desicion with this album. Have a nice day.