The $5.98 E.P. - Garage Days Re-Revisited review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 20, 1987
Metallica: The $5.98 E.P. - Garage Days Re-Revisited

This is Metallica's $5.98 EP. They put $5.98 on it beacause the people who owns music stores and stuff wouldn't rip the little kids or someting like that. This EP only has five tracks on it. They are Helpless (Diamond Head), The Small Hours (Holocaust), The Wait (Killing Joke), Crash Course In Brain Surgery (Budgie), Last Caress/Green Hell (The Misfits). I like the Metallica version of Helpless just as much as the Diamond Head version. The Small Hours is a bit better by Holocaust but I still realy like the Metallica version a lot, It's actually my favprite song on the EP. The Wait I like the Metallica version better. Crash Course In Brain Surgery I especially like the Metallica version better. Last Caress/Green Hell is great by Metallica but I never listened to the Misfits versions of those two songs.

The lyrics to each song are great. The lyrics fits the music perfectly. James Hetfield is just as good of a singer as Sean Harris but I don't know the other vocalists in any of the other bands except for the Misfits.

I wouldn't really compare this EP to any other albums seeing that it's basically covers but I could compare it to Overkill's Coverkill which I don't like as much as Garage Days. The most impressive song on the album is The Small Hours and the intro to Crash Corse In Brain Surgery. I don't love anything albout this album. The thing I hate is in Last Caress/Green Hell at the end when they play the warp version of Iron Maiden's Run To The Hills. That really got me pissed off. If this were stolen or lost I would go get that person because that is my Garage Inc. album so I'm not paying another $40.00 for a complication.