The Videos: 1989-2004 [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 7
Metallica: The Videos: 1989-2004 [DVD]

As a Metallica fan, I went out and bought the DVD, brought it back home and watched 2 hours of Metal! To tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting too much from this DVD, but I was wrong. It's not a world class DVD, but it is great! I don't know if they used something to enhance the sound (I think they did), but it sounds crystal clear! I was expecting through "one" for there to be a little of that '80s fashioned sound but, like I said.

Content — 7
This is a collection of all the music videos Metallica did. I did not think that they made so many! There are over 20 videos on this DVD! How come I can never find their videos on the internet? Anyway, if you want to see some videos from Metallica (some very good, some not so good like the old "one"), this is the DVD. I personaly need to say that "The Unforgiven" and "Turn the Page" were pretty sad (not the video but the storyline was literally sad), I did not cry though. The extra with Lars was pretty interesting to watch, but I was disappointed that they didn't put anything more on here, I mean, the trailer for Some Kind Of Monster? That's the best they can do? Why not like old interviews from the band. I am only satisfied about the videos, they could have put more on here.

Production Quality — 7
Well, they did put an audio menu on the DVD, but unless you have a stereo system in your house, no one will use that menu. But the videos were nice and crystal clear in sound and screen. But why can't the producers add more to this DVD? It does not make sense to me! There are no "stand Out" production qualities on this DVD, but it is decent.

I do really like this DVD, I am a big Metallica fan and this lets me have all their videos at the push of a button. I especially like "I Disappear" because it looks like I'm watching a movie instead of a video. The only thing I don't like is the old version of "one". It is very '80s quality. But other than that, this is a very good DVD.

Madaxeman1618
    scottishmob wrote: Videos are not the mark of a sellout band. Slayer, Pantera, Maiden, Anthrax, Sabbath, and Megadeth had videos. And hell, at least Metallica's videos were good! (Hangar 18, Sweating Bullets, hahaha)
    guitarprodigy46
    kikoff101 wrote: yeeeeeaahh!!!! METALLICA RULES! all their albums are GREAT!!! ST ANGER IS THE BEST! hope this gets to portugal soon!!
    are you crazy st. anger is a peice of shit compared to the older albums like ride the lightning and master of puppets
    Sintera666
    Madaxeman1618 wrote: At least Megadeths music is good (St anger hahaha). Dnt get me wrong, i like 'tallica but i hate wen ppl rip megadeth cz of them. Most f metallicas great songs wer written by Mustaine neway!
    I Dont think thats right. Im pretty sure Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica at least before Ride the Lightning if not Kill 'em All.