Metro Station review by Metro Station

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Metro Station: Metro Station

Metro Station has created an amazing record. Every song is unique and has it's own style that makes it great. There are only 10 songs on the album, but trust me, even if there were 30 songs, you would still want more! The band has mixed dance/techno synths with the sound of the two vocalists, Mason and Trace, and the guitar. The result is amazing, with songs like "Control" and "Shake It" being upbeat, danceable, synth-filled fun packed into 3 or 4 minutes! A lot of the songs are slower or medium tempo, and actually, almost ALL of them are, with the exception of a few parts of them, "Control," "Shake It," and "True To Me".

The lyrics are pretty good, but in the song "Shake It," the chorus of saying "Shake shake, shake shake, shake it" 20 or more times is repetitive. The singing is the best part of the music, in my opinion. The alternating between Mason and Trace really adds effect to the overall sound. In the song "Control," Trace sings for all of the song except the chorus. However, in most songs, Mason is the maine singer. My personal favorite line in the entire album is "Tell me what to do, girl/I'm so in love, whoa-oa-oa/I'm so in love with - you, you, you, oh-oh-oh" because of the changes in pitch. If you listen to the song "Tell Me What To Do," you know what I mean.

This band is tied as my favorite band, and I can't wait for another album. I think that the only albums that compare to this album that are in the same genre are Panic! At the Disco's "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" and Forever the Sickest Kids' "Underdog Alma Mater". This is still my favorite of those, though. The best songs from the CD, in order, are "Now That We're Done," "California," "Tell Me What To Do," and "Control". I love everything and hate nothing about this CD. If it were lost, I would definitely buy it again, because I listen to it almost every day! If you heard "Kelsey" or "Shake It" on the radio, you might like to buy this album, but "Shake It" is a little different than the rest of the more mellow songs.

archangelseren
    it is good... surprising its on ultimate guitar even tho they use guitars. thats why not so many comments lol
    HammerJustice
    good makin sense there mate