Greatest Hits 1985-1995 Review

artist: Michael Bolton date: 04/09/2005 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Michael Bolton: Greatest Hits 1985-1995
Released: Sep 19, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Contemporary, Soft Rock
This 2 CD, 17-cut retrospective includes all the songs that catapulted him to mega-stardom and plenty of others that show him as just another sincere fool for love.
 7.2
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits 1985-1995 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 09, 2005

Sound: Normally, I'm a metal fan, but I honestly picked up this CD as a joke. I got it for 6 bucks at a used CD store, mainly as a joke, but when I listened to it, I was blown away. His lyrics, his music, and general sound are captivating, and even if you have a black, metal-loving heart, this CD is worth a try. His style is a soft to heavy love song type, similar to Elton John. Believe me, this is worth the money. // 10

Lyrics: Michael Bolton is an amazing singer, with a wide range of vocal talents. He can go from high-pitched to deep in any song, at anytime. Also, his more romantic songs feature a more quiet type of music, while some of his songs, "Steel Bars" in particular, have a heavier edge, with deeper, louder lyrics. Overall, he can match any song with his lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to alot of artists that I listen to, Michael Bolton is amazing. His voice goes everywhere, and his lyrics make you feel relaxed. It's a great stress reliever. Two of the most impressive songs are "Said I Loved You But I Lied" and "How Can We Be Lovers." Both these songs start of gentle, but go up to an amazing epic feel. I love the way his songs turned a metal fan into a Bolton fan, and how I can listen to his stuff after a long day and calm down. As with any CD, there's the songs you really don't want, and there's about 8 of them on this CD, which is kind of a bummer. Still, if I lost it, I'd buy another one in a heart beat. // 8

Comments