Olsen's Lot review by Midnight Choir

Midnight Choir: Olsen's Lot

Midnight Choir comes from Norway and this is the second album they've released. This album is brilliant, better than the first, self titled album, Midnight Choir! Atle Bystrm has written the lyrics and the melodies on Olsen's Lot. The songs are a nice, harmonic mixture of Rock, Soul, Blues and Country. Pls nice voice makes you feel the sadness in the songs; it is as if want to cry, even though you're not sad! Olsen's Lot is a very sad album, almost suicidal. Some people would call this album a cry-album because the lyrics are so deep and dark. If you like concept albums, you're guaranteed to like this one. You can't compare Midnight Choir with any other band, they're special.

Mostly the lyrics are about a happening, that's why it's a concept album. The titles if the songs says mostly what they are about. Paal is one of the best singers in the world till this kind of music. You can't listen to this album and say the singing suck!

I can't compare Olsens lot to other albums and I can't compare Midnight Choir with other bands. The most impressives song from this album are Long Hard Ride, Sister Of Mercy, Death Second Inches Away, When The Wedding Bells Ring, Jeff Bridges, Heavy Rain, Sailing Dark Waters, In The Shadow Of The Circus, The Ballad Of Emma DeLoner, Neon Moon. What I love about this album is that it got soul, it got mood, it got everything! I'd kill for this CD if it was lost!