Life On A Plate Review

Released: Mar 26, 1996
Label: Epitaph
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk Revival
melodies and guitar riffs are tight and catchy, and the band's unique Scandinavian take on the crowded, some might say stagnant American punk subgenre of the time is as refreshing as it is accomplished.
 8.6
 7.3
 9.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Life On A Plate Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 28, 2005

Sound: I went to see Good Charlotte and these guys supported them. Sounded really good live so I went and bought an album. Bit of a let down to be honest, I'm into punk rock right now so I probably should like it, but I like a song that has some steady drumming that keeps the whole song in rhythm. Don't get me wrong, Millencolin's drummer is amazing, but it's all too fast for me to keep up with. Some fairly good riffs in 'Story Of My life' and 'Friends 'Till The End' but to be fair, most of the songs sound a little to familiar to each other for my liking. Skilled band though, no doubt about that. // 6

Lyrics: Amazing lyrics, a bit food orientated but they're so funny, I spent most of the time listening to this album laughing at the lyrics. From what I could gather, the lyrics dont apear to mean much or symbolise anything, but I think that it's good when a band can just sing about whatever (in this case, food) and still make good music. Yeh, Millencolin got this one sorted. // 10

Overall Impression: Not my scene, good music and skillful instrumentalists and all, but I dont like the mad speed that millencolin lauch into in most songs. Love the song 'Friends 'Till The End', which the drummer slows down a bit for, and the songs are definatly listenable, but I wouldnt listen to the album the whole way through as you start getting frequent dejavous (dunno how to spell that). Wouldn't buy it again, in fact, when I found out I didn't like it I gave it to my girlfriend. She loves it though and would probably give it 5, 5, 5. Worth buying if you already have a Millencolin CD and you liked the stuff on there. A good CD in many ways but the pace of the songs lets it down. // 6

Comments