Despierta Los Ninos review by Mindless Self Indulgence

Mindless Self Indulgence: Despierta Los Ninos

The sound for Despierta Los Ninos varies quite a bit. Some of the sound could be a bit better, but it's usually great. One of the reasons why this album could have sound that isn't great, is because this album is just an EP that Mindless Self Indulgence created on their own without a record deal, shortly before signing to Metropolis. This was during 2003, which was two years prior to their breakthrough hit album, "You'll Rebel to Anything". A lot of the music in the EP is made from stuff like Atari machines, and other video game sound effects. Songs like "Capitol P" and "Alienating our Audience" are great examples for that.

The lyrics in this album are overall, great for Mindless Self Indulgence. Some people may find Mindless Self Indulgence's lyrics "inappropriate" or "disturbing", but previous fans of Mindless Self Indulgence know that they create songs like "Panty Shot" and "Faggot". The song "Wack!" which is the first track on the album uses lyrics from the previous song "Clarissa" from the album "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy" from 2002. The line that both songs use is "Rock my hole" though "Clarissa" uses the lyrics as "Rock my f--king hole". Lead singer, Jimmy Urine does a very good job on the singing for this EP. Urine uses his usual high voice, that a lot of previous MSI fans enjoy.

This album does compare to the other MSI albums, but the only thing that's wrong with it is that it's only around 14 minutes long. But everything else compares to previous albums like "Tight" and "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy", as well as future albums such as "You'll Rebel to Anything" or "If". And for the record, this album is discontinued, so it is only available online on auction sites for usually an unbelievable price. The thing I love most about this album is the lyrics, because they are just like old Mindless Self Indulgence, which a lot of fans love. The thing I hate about it, is again the length of the album. It would have been better if they would have added a song or two extra to make it a bit longer. If this album were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again, even though it is very expensive. I wouldn't get something else because this is one of the best MSI albums that they have ever created.

oibigears
    i like this, i only got into them recently, that means i didnt know when it came out untill now
    Caboose911
    i can't find it anywhere :S i want it rele bad to first song i heard by these guys was stupid mf which is pretty amazing then i actually got to like them