Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy Review

artist: Mindless Self Indulgence date: 04/25/2005 category: compact discs
Mindless Self Indulgence: Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
Released: Oct 26, 1999
Genre: Rock
Though it doesn't quite deliver on the sleazy humor of its title, MSI does provide a quick, sensationalistic fix for fans of groups like Insane Clown Posse or AC.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy Reviewed by: juliomacielbr, on april 25, 2005

Sound: This album was so absurdly original, it naturally attracted a cult following. MSI's members have been regarded as Gods by many a gothic rocker since its release. A twisted molding of atari sound effects/punk/metal/techno/hip-hop/screaming/falsettos and much more, out came an incredible sound where vocals don't match up to melodies, but they somehow come together perfectly. Each other the 30 alphabetized tracks have their own unique charm about them. Indeed the song "Faggot" is regarded as their best by new fans, but after listening to the album, one becomes attached to each and every song. Little Jimmy Urine (lead singer) proves to be an astounding vocalist, ranging from a gutteral scream to a falsetto so high pitched, he could opt for classical music if he so desired. This can be compared to no other artist, and I truly have no way to describe the sound. According to little Jimmy Urine, they fall under the genre of "Industrial Jungle Pussy Punk." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album are a sarcastic jumble of offensive jokes, expressions of anger, confusing phrases, just plain weird lines that don't make sense, and hatred toward Jimmy Page. I find myself singing their songs and then thinking "what the hell am I saying?" Case in point, the first few lines of "Royally F--ked" are as follows: "You son of a b--ch/Mom, dad/why don't you finger me too? /I can't say the same for you/you son of a b--ch/I could be so f--king cool/I will never be young/I will never be loved/I will never be wrong/so I am royally f--ked." As bizzare and confusing as their lyrics may be, Jimmy Urine's rapid changes from low passionate yell to uplifting falsetto drop my jaw. The unusual lyrics fit perfectly with an unusual style of music, creating a perfect blend of offensive and downright evil. // 10

Overall Impression: Ever since I got this album about 6 months ago or so, I still am madly in love with it. It is my favorite CD in my collection, and believe me, I have classics. They have mastered the long excercized art of repetition in rock, yet most songs still manage to clock in at under two minutes. There are many many songs on this album I could say are the most impressive, but to name a few standouts, "Faggot," "Harry Truman," "I Hate Jimmy Page," "Masturbates," "Planet Of The Apes," "Played," "Ready For Love," and "Royally F--ked." My favorite thing about this album has to be Jimmy Urine's vocals, but followed closely by just the plain originality of this CD. I have yet to find a flaw in the CD, except for the fact that it ends. If I lost this CD or it was stolen, I would wet my pants and cry, but then that very day I would go out and buy two more copies of it (an extra in case it happened again). I guard this CD with my life and never let people borrow it or anything because I do not want anything to happen to it, it is truly incredible. // 10

Comments