If Review

Mindless Self Indulgence: If
Release Date: Apr 29, 2008
Label: UCR/The End
Genres: Industrial Dance, Industrial Metal
MSI returns with If, an addictive and chaotic mixture of punk rock attitude, heavy riffs and driving electronic music.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.8
review (1) 27 comments vote for this album:
If Reviewed by: mafoogles, on june 25, 2008

Sound: The new MSI album, noone wrote a review so far so decided to do so. I was a casual fan of the band before I got this album. I saw it foa cheap price and bought it, and I now love this band. I understand why some people might not, but I personally think it's amazing. It's catchy, yet it still has a pair of balls to keep it from sounding like some dime a dozen pop band. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are clever and funny. Jimmy Urine doesn't seem to take his lyrics very seriousy, in the sense that they lyrics aren't all a deep exploration of the soul. He also manages to make the lyrics catchy (I had the chorus from "Lights Out" stuck in my head for a week). "Mark David Chapman" has my favourite lyrics on the album. It's a bout the fag who killed John Lennon (RIP) going around and killing all the shit emo bands. He also wrote it through the bands website with the fans, which is also pretty cool. // 9

Overall Impression: A great album. It's catchy and fun to listen to, if you like arts music like radiohead, this isnt for you, but if you just wanna listen to some fun music(and you have a warped sense of humour) go pick up this album. Standout racks are Lights Out and Mark David Chapman, so if you download all your music, get those tracks. // 10

Comments