You'll Rebel To Anything review by Mindless Self Indulgence

• Released: Apr 12, 2005
Mindless Self Indulgence: You'll Rebel To Anything

This album is mastered on so many different levels. It combines hardcore punk, techno/electronic sound, and hip hop and does it near perfectly. Every song is extremely catchy and fast. Urine's extra production layers on itself along with the guitars and drums to make an amazing sound.

MSI is well-known for their ironic, playful, and adult lyrics. "1989" has funny lyrics sang in a funny way, as well as "2 Hookers and an Eightball." "You'll Rebel to Anything"'s lyrics knocked me off my feet, though. Urine's lyrics on the subject of melodramatic emo kids says everything you ever could want to hear in the best way possible. The vocals are also great. Urine and Steve, Righ? both have great voices ranging from bass to falsetto, especially in "Bullshit." The rapping, screaming, and singing are all great. This is, without a doubt, my choice for best album of the year.

I'll do this by song: 01. Shut Me Up - catchy as hell guitars backed up by cool vocals. This song incorperates many different riffs and pieces. 02. 1989 - funny song with a cool sound and extra noises. Good screams. 03. Straight To Video - awesome chorus. Very catchy song with dramatic singing vocals. 04. Tom Sawyer - the Rush classic transformed into a fireball. Very fast and awesome. Lots of vocal layers. 05. You'll Rebel To Anything - great song with vocal and electronic layers as well as genious lyrics. 06. What Do They Know? - good song with lots of cool rapping. 07. Stupid MF - my favorite song on the album. Guitars are beautifully written. Hilarious lyrics that I'm sure we can all relate to. 08. 2 Hookers And An Eightball - strange song with great vocals and crazy lyrics. Happy Days parody is hilarious. 09. Prom - somehow creepy and disturbing song. Very well written and played. 10. Bullshit - cool beginning riff and good chord structure. Nice drums and bass, too. Rapping and screaming, whic his awesome.

W.h.o.r.EGuitar
    AvengedThrice
    Forsakensoul
    AvengedThrice wrote: W.h.o.r.EGuitar wrote: WE EAT WHAT WE LIKE! lol this is a good cd, but wayyyyy too short. I mean, how can these 10 tracks be expected to compare with the 30 off frankenstein girls!??! Meh, a load of the tracks on Frankenstein Girls were just skits anyway. Good album.
    Frankenstein Girls did have a lot of skits, funny. X3 Its not meant to compare, lol, its just another disc with beast songs on it by MSI! XD Very good album. ^_^