You'll Rebel To Anything Review

Mindless Self Indulgence: You'll Rebel To Anything
Released: Apr 12, 2005
Genre: Rock
Styles: Industrial Metal
This is a furiously twitchy record with a million things going on at once, all put through a glitchy, stuttering blender.
 9.8
 9.5
You'll Rebel To Anything Reviewed by: Sheck, on january 05, 2006

Sound: This album is mastered on so many different levels. It combines hardcore punk, techno/electronic sound, and hip hop and does it near perfectly. Every song is extremely catchy and fast. Urine's extra production layers on itself along with the guitars and drums to make an amazing sound. // 10

Lyrics: MSI is well-known for their ironic, playful, and adult lyrics. "1989" has funny lyrics sang in a funny way, as well as "2 Hookers and an Eightball." "You'll Rebel to Anything"'s lyrics knocked me off my feet, though. Urine's lyrics on the subject of melodramatic emo kids says everything you ever could want to hear in the best way possible. The vocals are also great. Urine and Steve, Righ? both have great voices ranging from bass to falsetto, especially in "Bullshit." The rapping, screaming, and singing are all great. This is, without a doubt, my choice for best album of the year. // 10

Overall Impression: I'll do this by song: 01. Shut Me Up - catchy as hell guitars backed up by cool vocals. This song incorperates many different riffs and pieces. 02. 1989 - funny song with a cool sound and extra noises. Good screams. 03. Straight To Video - awesome chorus. Very catchy song with dramatic singing vocals. 04. Tom Sawyer - the Rush classic transformed into a fireball. Very fast and awesome. Lots of vocal layers. 05. You'll Rebel To Anything - great song with vocal and electronic layers as well as genious lyrics. 06. What Do They Know? - good song with lots of cool rapping. 07. Stupid MF - my favorite song on the album. Guitars are beautifully written. Hilarious lyrics that I'm sure we can all relate to. 08. 2 Hookers And An Eightball - strange song with great vocals and crazy lyrics. Happy Days parody is hilarious. 09. Prom - somehow creepy and disturbing song. Very well written and played. 10. Bullshit - cool beginning riff and good chord structure. Nice drums and bass, too. Rapping and screaming, whic his awesome. // 10

You'll Rebel To Anything Reviewed by: DISCONNecktie, on april 16, 2005

Sound: This CD has all sort of crazy effects such as the whip from "Shut Me Up." They really keep their sound in this CD. Sometimes you will think this is like techno and sometimes metal, sometimes both. When you first hear this CD you will be a little confused but after a while this really grows on you. // 10

Lyrics: Little Jimmy Urine has his own crazy vocals, half guy, half girl, all crazy. When I first listened to this CD I thought they kept the style of there "what?" lyrics. When you listen to this you will be scratching your head thinking "What is he saying?" and "how can you think this up?" But once you listen to this you wont put it down. // 10

Overall Impression: Over I have to say this is a great CD. My favorite song off the album is "Shut Me Up." They really didn't change there sound which is a great thing. I would probably take a bullet for this CD. This truly is amazing. A great buy, I recommend this to everyone I know. // 10

Comments