Concert For George [DVD] Review

artist: [Miscellaneous] date: 05/29/2012 category: compact discs
[Miscellaneous]: Concert For George [DVD]
Release Date: 2003
The Concert For George is a beautifully filmed, joyous celebration of some of the most significant music of the 20th century. Include breathtaking performances of rock's most influential artists and pop culture icons including, Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Billy Preston, Monty Python, Anoushka Shankar, Ravi Shankar, and Ringo Starr.
 Content: 9.5
 Production Quality: 7
 9.6
 9.2
Concert For George [DVD] Reviewed by: Minderbinder, on february 20, 2007

Sound: From the back of the box, "A tribute to George Harrison under the musical direction of Eric Clapton. Featuring Joe Brown, Eric Clapton, Jools Holland, Sam Brown, Dhani Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Paul McCartney, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Billy Preston, Ravi and Anoushka Shankar, Ringo Starr." The band line up itself got me to buy this set, and it sounds amazing. The music was very well covered by all of these artists, very faithful renditions. This was recorder at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 29 of 2002. The musicians were at peak preformance. // 10

Overall Impression: The most impresive thing on this concert is the blending of musical talent into one night, and being played together. I was slightly nervous about how all of these big-name artists would sound together on the same stage. Turns out it was all for nothing. I thought that the band could have played a few more numbers, but I won't complain. If it were lost, I would go straight to the used CD store and buy another. This is a great concert, and I'm so glad that I bought it when I had the chance. // 10

Concert For George [DVD] Reviewed by: Ausbrett23, on may 29, 2012

Sound: To me this DVD is the best of them all. I like it because it's all of George Harrison's close friends, Beatles band mates, and his son, playing all of his songs in 1 concert to show how much they care. The quality sound of the concert was outstanding. When I herd and saw "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," I was amazed. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD doesn't compare to any other live concert DVD's at all. This is one of those "one of a kind," DVD's. If anyone were to try to make this DVD again, almost like do a tribute to it, it would suck a-s. This DVD is and always will be "One Of A Kind!" // 10

Comments