Traitors review by Misery Index

• Released: Sep 30, 2008
Misery Index: Traitors

Misery Index has once again set the bar higher for deathgrind and death metal. This album has many amazing songs with heavy-detuned riffs and intense growling vocals, a must have for any Death Metal or Deathgrind fan. With two members previously from death metal band Dying Fetus, Misery Index certainly has some Dying Fetus style mixed in with it creating a fusion of Death Metal and Grndcore.

The lyrics for this album are very political. Lyrics in this album are about economy, greed, politics and society. The lyrics blend in well with the heavy riffs and the artwork which is amazing. The vocals done by Jason Netherton are death metal style with a bit of early grindcore style mixed in. His vocals well suits this album.

Misery Index's previous albums were great but this album is even better because the production is better and it seems that they took their time to make this album excellent. The first song "We never come in peace" is a great intro to the album because it's mostly an instrumental with a line of vocals at the very end. Other really good songs off this album are "Occupation" and "Traitors". If I would lose this album I would buy another one because this is one of the best metal albums of the year and the artwork is so amazing that even if you don't like death metal you would appreciate the artwork.

xGuitarManiacx
    The drummer AJ is the drummer for my brother in law's band, All Will Fall...so you guys should check out AWF's myspace. Misery Index rules.