Mirrors Review

9.3
 9.7
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
Mirrors Reviewed by: registered_user, on october 05, 2009

Sound: I really cannot believe that no one has submitted a review for this album yet. It is by far my favorite misery signals album and is very much a powerful accomplishment for the band. Misery Signals is one of the most technically proficient bands on the scene today. The guitars are amazing, the drums are amazing, the bass is amazing, and the vocals are nothing short of amazing. Misery Signals is a metalore/progressive metal/just plain metal/anything you want to argue band and is one of the best. Their music is based around complex riffs and chord progressions and powerful screaming vocals (and occasionally melodic ones) from their singer Karl Schubach. From the start it hits you hard and fast, but occasionally slows down for some reverby quiet tones that allow for a breather. The album as a whole is definitely great. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on Mirrors are very spiteful and sometimes graphic (but not Cannibal Corpse graphic). They usually have to do with the pride and other powerful emotions both from a first person perspective and observational perspective. There really isn't a lot of variation in the tones or moods of the lyrics, with good reason as anything short of what they have would not fit their music. My favorite aspect of Misery Signals' lyrics would have to be the placement in the songs. When they are going to have a breakdown, you know that a breakdown is coming lyrically, and they make sure that you feel it. As far as Karl's vocals go, he is definitely in the top 5 best screamers I have ever heard. Every ounce of emotion he has can be felt through his vocals. Even when the rare melodic vocal is used, such as in the song One Day I'll Stay Home, it shines and is extremely well placed. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is amazing from start to finish and I would immediately replace it upon losing it. Some of my favorite songs from the album are The Failsafe, Post Collapse, Something Was Always Missing But it Was Never You, and Anchor. This has become one of my favorite albums in the past few weeks and will continue to be one for a long time. // 10

Comments