American Psycho review by Misfits

• Released: May 13, 1997
Misfits: American Psycho

Great sound! This CD has much better sound quality than thier other ones. The record is as punk as can be, it lasts about 30 minutes including the hidden track at the end. The strings used by Jerry and Doyle sound excellent, they sound so heavy, like the ones used in metal bands. Dr. Chud does some cool changes in rythm that go with the song, specially in "American Psycho".

The lyrics still have that Misfit-style of being about terror movies, I love that. Even though they don't make sense in some songs, you forget about it with Michale Graves singing, that dude knows how to sing!, and with the classic harmonic choruses and "whoas". In some parts it felt like they were out of inspiration and kind of repeat the same frases in many of the songs. For this record, I recomend you to forget about the lyrics and use them as a poster instead (the booklet has a poster in one side and the lyrics in the other).

Excelent album! It changed my life (because it was my first Misfits album). The other Misfits albums where a little more creative, but the sound is much better in this one. The songs are great, all of them, but my favorite 3 are Dig Up Her Bones, American Psycho, Resurrection. What I love about this album is that all of the songs are good. It never gets boring, I have had it for a year now, and it still doesn't bore me. It has a poster!, that's great. I couldn't possibly hate anything bout it. If it was stolen from me, I would definitly buy it again (or kick the person who stole it from me's ass).

FIFTH_PERIOD
    American Psycho contains alot of great songs like: Dig Up Her Bones, Ressurection and is ,in my opinion, one of Misfits best albums. Danzing was great but I personally like Graves more
    nfldguitarist
    Graves was amzing,jerry only screwed up this band,they should get him or danzig back.Only cant sing
    HotDogs1
    the album starts off great with the intro and then into american psycho, then it has a few more good songs, then it goes into dig up her bones and that song is my favorite on the album and after that song the album seems to go downhill with only like 2 good songs after that