Box Set review by Misfits

• Released: Feb 27, 1996
Misfits: Box Set

The sound is as one would expect when it comes to the Misfits. More often then not primal screams over distorted guitars. The sound is load and fast with most of songs under the 3 minute mark. The first disc contains Collection I & II on it. The second disc contains Legaco Of Brutality, Evilive, & Earth A.D. on it. They recordings are the same as the individual releases of those CDs. On the third disc is where the good stuff is at. For the first time numerous unreleased tacks on Misfit classic are released. The third disc contains tacks from various sessions; and the forth contains Static Age.

Well there's not much to say here; the Boxset showcases The Misfits B-movie induced lyrical content. If you've heard The Misfits before you know what you're getting. Glenns vocals complement the band's sound great. If you're a casual fan the songs can sound repetitive at times.

The packaging is really cool. The contents are packaged in a velvet lined coffen. The booklet contains rare photos, a four page article about the Misfits, lyrics for every song, and an in-depth discography of every Misfits vinyl. It states original release date, vinyl color, amount pressed, package contents, and variations. Boxset also includes a Misfits fiend club pin. Overall this is for die hard Misfits fans only. Unless you have to have the previously unreleased tracks, you could save yourself some money and buy the individual CDs.

punkrockdude2
    joshissocool138
    punkrockdude2 wrote: where can I buy this? i saw this at best buy once and I wanted it so bad. but it dissappeared i heard it was outta print.
    it's definently not out of print, i see it in stores all the time, you can probably order it off of amazon.com, or even pick it up at best buy.
    thedevil
    i got it for 80. dammit. it was worth it tho. in calgary misfit cd's are hard to come by. at least from the danzig era. so it was nice to be able to just have all thier music in one set instead of having to hunt the individual ones down. I was a little dissapointed, the "rare" photos werent that spectacular, and the box seemed cheaply made. but overall I'm not upset I bought it.