Earth A.D. review by Misfits

Misfits: Earth A.D.

Very rough but so was all the punk records from that time. Diffrent from the last record, Walk Among Us, heavier more hardcore punk. It's still there most hardcore album in my opinion. Robo formally of Black Flag was the drummer of this record which could account for the faster drum beats. there's more yelling than Glenn's Elvis type voice on this record. You can tell that Danzig wanted to go more metal and this record proves it.

Lyrics were as you would expect from the Misfits, mindless, fun and dark. Glenn didn't "sing" as much on this album there are a few songs like Die, Die my darling and parts of most songs but mostly it was kinda thrashed. More hardcore punkish. Glenn as always sang fine and yelled fine (none of this new screaming crap).

It owns all of the Misfits efforts. American Psycho and Famous Monsters didn't even scratch this album in greatness. tracks off this were covered (and ruined) by a few bands Aiden (Die Die My Darling) and Metallica (Die Die My Darling and Green Hell), it has influenced thrash metal along with many punk bands. If this CD were stolen I'd murder who stole it, and if I lost it I'd buy it again.