Static Age review by Misfits

• Released: Jul 15, 1997
Misfits: Static Age

Back when the Misfits were first starting out, they had a deal with Caroline Records to make a album, the down side was that they had to do it during the "Graveyard Shift." Because they already played the song so, so many times before making the album, it did not take them long to do the album. Then Caroline pulled the plug and the tapes lost. The songs recorded were put on different EP's and the Legacy Of Brutality album. Then in 1995 the lost tapes were found and so the long waited Static Age album was release. Now with that history lesson out of the way, let get started. If you have or have heard the Legacy Of Brutality album, this is the same album but way better sounding. Most of the songs from "LOB" like "TV Casualty," "Angelfuck," and "Hybrid Moments" appear on this album along with new songs like "We Are 138," "Return of The Fly" and "In The Doorway." If you are a Misfits fan, you should get this album. Sound is pop-punk, and horror-rock, along with "Bullet," about the JFK shooting. Ilove this album and so will you.

Lyrics are great, you can hear Danzig voice clearly and the bass sounds awsome. You have the song "Last Caress" about killing your baby and raping your mother. Then you have "Bullet" with is about the JKF shooting in Texas. And then "Attitude" where Danzig only wants to know, "what is with your fucking attitude." (I sang that song to a black girl and she f--king laugh). The lyrics are what help make the album work.

I love this album and I would buy another copy if mine is lost or stolen (God help the SOB who takes it because they will pay). I love the feeling of the album, horror and lots of it. This to me is the best album by The Misfits, and should be love and have by every Misfits' fan out there. And on one last note, at the end of the album, there are outakes from the making of the album. From Jerry bad playing to Danzig vioce going out, it's great. That what this album show's us is that they are human too. Anyway, get this album if it is out there.