Apologies Are For The Weak review by Miss May I

• Released: Jun 23, 2009
Miss May I: Apologies Are For The Weak

This is the first full length album by Miss May I and it's amazing what they created! I will just do a song-by-song review. 01. A Dance With Aera Cura: This is a perfect opener to this brutal record! Very cool ending breakdown and some sick guitar lines. 02. Architect: Probably my favorite song of all time by MMI, this song is perfect in every way, the drum intro, choruses, verses, breakdowns and especially the lyrics. The clean vox in this song are freaking amazing! 03. Not Our Tomorrow: Very nice song, soms nice guitars, nothing special. 04. Arms Of The Messiah: This song is so heavy, it will crush you spine! Some insane drums as well. 05. Apologies Are For The Weak: Sick intro/outro! Very good lyrics, definitely check this one out! 06. Harlots Breath: I really like this song because of the lyrics and heaviness very nice intro. 07. Tides: One of my favorite songs, very VERY sick intro! Rest of the song is really nice as well. 08. Blessing With A Curse: This song never really got me, but it's okay. 09. Porcelain Wings: My Eyes Are Bloodshot! They Have Seen The Damned! This song is totally beast, it was one of their first songs as well, but at first it was called ''NoNeedToWhipADeadHorse''. This song is totally what MMI is about! 10. Forgive And Forget: This is the second best song on this album, definitely! Perhaps the best intro I have ever heard, and heaviest breakdown ever by MMI. Check this one out! The sound quality is perfect on every single song as well!

These lyrics are totally amazing! Levi sings about almost anything you can imagine, but I personally think het uses too much metaphores. There mainly are 4 kinds of vocals on this album, all mixed together: You offcourse have the clean vocals (Ryan Neff, Bass), the very high pitched screams, the mid range screams/shouts and the very low and deep growls, which is love the most.

This album is insanely heavy! If you love metalcore, with lots of really heavy guitar riffs, very sick breakdowns, and nice clean vocals than this album is perfect for you! Songs you should definitely check out: A Dance With Aera Cura, Architect and Forgive And Forget! There are simply no negative things I can tell you about this album and trust me, I have heard A LOT of metalcore bands, but Miss May I is the very best of the best for me. (They also have a second album, Monument, it's even better, best metalcore album I have heard in my life)

boeman1995
    @EpiExplorer: That's just taste and what you like. Even if it were so mediocre, that's your choice. My perception also says this is a great album. I know the guitars are sometimes repetitive, but at least they do that with cool sounding guitarwork.
    krvolok
    Lion_Slicer wrote: ... wow this is so bland I'm surprised the band members can even remember what their own songs sound like to play live.
    I'd say they would just do this for a while 000 0 0000 0 0 000 0 0000 0 0
    EpiExplorer wrote: Like a submarine with a radar, he tracks down his foes. XD
    You better believe it baby.
    WsrLeadGuitar
    Mahino
    WsrLeadGuitar wrote: josh gillispie does the clean vocals on this album, not ryan. although ryan is in the forgive and forget video
    Not true, he was only on their EP and Demo, you can clearly hear the difference between their voices...
    krvolok
    These lyrics are totally amazing
    This album is insanely heavy
    10/10/10
    Murderously simple.
    EpiExplorer
    krvolok wrote: This is the first full length album by Miss May I and it's amazing what they created These lyrics are totally amazing This album is insanely heavy 10/10/10 Murderously simple.
    Like a submarine with a radar, he tracks down his foes. XD
    CJCKO
    this band didnt reaqlly catch my attention until i saw them at bamboolze in may. i started getting more interested into them and now theyre one of my favorite bands. epic band.
    Lion_Slicer
    westley23j
    wow Mahino... you are in a band. and you are actually 17. go you! and nice "fat 25 year old who still lives with his mom" comeback. i would expect something as unoriginal as that from a 17 year old fan of miss may i who is in a metalcore band. play some real music.
    Odirunn
    I gave this album a 5. The production quality is the great; the music is average. I listened to it for a bit when it first came out but have since moved on. Metalcore is a pretty saturated genre and there are plenty of bands with great production-quality records, but unless they bring something especially musically or lyrically memorable to the table, it's on to the next one. And to all you guys fighting over the genres, what's 'real' music, etc. Let's just agree to disagree and get on with our lives. There's a difference between 'bad' and 'I don't care for it,' whether you choose to accept that or not. The review is pretty biased, but that's to be expected on a site with user submitted reviews.
    axeldarkman420
    Mahino wrote: Lion_Slicer wrote: Shallow, 10/10/10, song-by-song review with poor grammar and spelling using descriptions like: brutal, perfect in every way, freaking amazing, very VERY sick, really nice, totally beast, "no negative things"? ...yep this review was written by a 14-year-old who just saw them at a show and figured having a fun time means they're the best band ever. Well, your review certainly served its purpose--after getting an idea from the review of what the band would be like (uninventive and unmemorable "for the BR00TALZ!!!" metalcore--though I could have guessed from the band name), the actual music fit those expectations EXACTLY. This would have been derivative ten years ago, should have stuck with the name "NoNeedToWhipADeadHorse" I mean come on, if this was the FIRST metalcore album you'd ever heard, I'd understand why you like them so much, but... wow this is so bland I'm surprised the band members can even remember what their own songs sound like to play live. Dude, I'm 17 years old, I am in a metalcore band and you are probably just a fat 25 year old who still lives with his mom and didn't acomplish anything in his pathetic life. The grammar might be ''poor'' in your opinion, but I'm from The Netherlands, so I'm trying my best. I love MMI, you don't, now shut your mouth and get back to your trolling on youtube or something...
    Thank you. STFU TROLLS!
    brandendude
    WROOONG MAANNN. josh was defffenetly on this cd for a fact. we drank beers and smkoked weed at my dudes house with that nigga. just saying...
    Mahino
    lol 5 years later. super cringy to read all this shit. I sincerely apologize.