Cryptic review by Mistress Of The Dead

Mistress Of The Dead: Cryptic

Vlad Cristea has surpassed himself with this album. Labeled by listeners as "Funeral Doom Metal", it definitely goes beyond: besides being unique (because of its horrifying and depressive atmosphere), it show you the true and painful side of loss, at first, the loss of someone who you love. I'm not sure whether it means the real death of some Vlad's beloved person, or the break up of a good relationship he had (that he'd put as a death to show how much pain he actually feels) but it certainly shows excruciating pain.

Lyrics are extremely well-write and despite being sad, they certainly have its beauty. Sang with brutal grows, whispers and even howls, Vlad puts his heart and soul out to the music.

I tried to, but I couldn't compare MOTD to any other funeral doom bands. The most look-like band I could find was Until Death Overtakes Me but I still rather MOTD. It's true grief and does have a side to be appreciated. This masterpiece is a must have for every funeral doom/depressive black metal (even being different styles both shows pain) lover!