Everywhere And His Nasty Parlour Tricks review by Modest Mouse

• Released: Sep 25, 2001
Modest Mouse: Everywhere And His Nasty Parlour Tricks

In my first listen, I was drawn to the bizzare sounds of the "Willfull suspension in disbelief" guitar chorus. A half haunting and half wanting to make you move, almost "antique" song. As though it was pulled from another world. Then abruptly awakened by the rolling bass of "Night on the Sun", followed by an awesomely creepy "3 inch horses, two face monsters". Then "The Air", an unusual for Modest Mouse, a song with no lyrical enhancement. Although only eight tracks long, overall it's a very unusual prize of an album.

Although Isaac Brock isn't the greatest singer in the world, I found it easy to relate with his snappy lyrical plate of erotic, haunting, and rhythmic lyrics. When backed by strange noises, a droning bass, and a catchy guitar, you've got a good album.

A definite must for all Modest Mouse fans, and a good companion to the "Moon & Antartica". Modest Mouse is coming out soon with "Good News For People Who Love Bad News", and even before buying that, I would recommend this album.