Good News for People Who Love Bad News review by Modest Mouse

• Released: Apr 6, 2004
Modest Mouse: Good News for People Who Love Bad News

A great sound always describes Modest Mouse. I contain all of the Modest Mouse CD's,songs, and records. The sound has changed over the years not always the greatest but its a sound to love. Isaac uses many tools and gadgets in this new album but only to please the viewer (or like him, himeself).Good News does have some new sounds and a little but poppy tones, especially with "Float On". But float on is a song for him to regain life. Isaac has been a depressed guy. Maybe if people knew that, they would understand his lyrics and music so live with the song you people who call it too catchy.

The lyrics of this new album contain the most truth in Isaac's life. In his interview with Rolling Stone he tells all about that. The lyrics match all of what he is feeling then and even now. I know the lyrics are odd but thats just how he describes them, something like his old lyrics but nothing the same. Now to add on that Isaac has a perfect voice for what band he is in and what music he is making.

You can never say a bands new CD can compare to the old one just because everyone changes and so then the music changes. Modest Mouse will always be an individual band you cant compare them to anyone else either. Bands should be compared to them, I mean Modest Mouse has been around for almost 11 years so you get the drift. The most impressive song is Bukowski, the reason is it says life and how he feels about God. He has some questions almost, cause he doesn't know the answer like everyone else. I save all my CD's on my computer and everything else. But if so I would for sure buy it again.