Good News for People Who Love Bad News review by Modest Mouse

• Released: Apr 6, 2004
Modest Mouse: Good News for People Who Love Bad News

If you are thinking about buying the new modest mouse cd, you should. (Modest Mouse is not a new band, they have several albums). This cd brings out a different side to modest mouse compared to their other albums. On this album they take a different approach to reach listeners. "Float on", is one example, compared to other songs from modest mouse it is totally different. Isaac Brock the vocals of the band creates lyrics of life and death with happier melodies. If you happen to hear thi album and like it, I would suggest buying the Lonesome and Crowded West album. This will help you get a good idea of what Modest Mouse is really about.

The lyrics in this album are about life and death mainly. One of my favorite songs on this album is "The Good Times Are Killing Me". The lyrics on some of the songs do not really fit with the sound of the insruments. Though the lyrics in some songs are about death, the melody is upbeat. Isaac Brock in this album has done a great job in vocals. He still manages to bust out some great vocals in this album.

If compared to other albums, this album to me is a different but good at the same time. It lets you see a different side of Modest Mouse. My favorite songs on this album are, "Good Times Are Killing Me", "Bury Me With It", and "Blame It On The Tetons". This album is great even for the fans of Modest Mouse, myself, it's another album consisting of the great sound of Modest Mouse. If this album was stolen or lost, definately go and buy it again. If you like this album, you will like the others.