The Moon & Antarctica review by Modest Mouse

• Released: Aug 10, 2010
Modest Mouse: The Moon & Antarctica

It's incredible. I am a tagger, and I listen to a lot of rap, but no rap, or any other type of music, can compare with this album. The depth and meaning, the fealing, it is all there. They use tons of instruments, and they blend together in one melancholy, vibrant, or just plain cool sound. I love it.

This is the important part. The lyrics are the most intense things I have ever heard in my life. Some of the things they say are just so real. There songs Dark Center of the Universe, Third Planet, and Lives are incredible. I can't help but feel there is some hidden meaning to what they say. And it's so great the way the lyrics and the music blend together in an airtight bond that makes you think about your life. There is one thing though. Although these songs are beautiful, they are very dark, and if you are sad, I daresay they might make you a lot sadder. I know, I've been there. The other thing is that these lyrics take some getting used to. If it's the first time, you wont appreciate what they are saying. don't give up on them, give it time. Just be warned, your life will beautifully but very sadly be affected. Except for Paper Thin Walls, this is not a very happy album.

I do not know of any other artists who even come close to Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica, although I've heard they are a lot like Arcade Fire and The Starlight mints. The most impressive songs from the album(which will change your life if you take the time to understand them) are Third Planet, Gravity Rides Everything, Dark Center of The Universe, Lives, Life Like Weeds, A Different City, and The Stars Are Projectors. If I lost it, I would immediately replace it, even though it's f--ked up my life. Enjoy it though.