Beyond The Gate Review

Moi dix Mois: Beyond The Gate
Release Date: Mar 1, 2006
Label: Retroactive Records
Genres: Metal
This album is for the great Moi Dix Mois' fans or those which like j-metal, goth-metal.
 6.9
 6.3
 7.5
review (1) 10 comments vote for this album:
Beyond The Gate Reviewed by: Treiz, on may 16, 2006

Sound: We can notice that Mana misses inspiration. If you listen the begining of Deus Ex Machina you can see some similarity with Beast Of Blood from Malice Mizer. The drums sound too much artifical, we can easily see that isn't a real drum, it's a big error to be corrected for the next one. Guitars are good but not really hard. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish the bass guitar. // 6

Lyrics: The compliance of the lyrics with the music is pretty good. Lyrics are not too bad in general. Seth is good, he sing like a mix of Juka (ex. M10M) and Gackt (ex. Malice Mizer, Gackt), but I never heard him in Live. Screaming voice and sweet voice are pretty good. // 7

Overall Impression: This album is very different if you compare with the other albums (more guitar). Personnally this album disappointed me. Very expensive for the number of the songs, something like 30-40$CAN (12 song on the Limited Edition and 7 on the Illimited one). Songs are very repetitive. I think the best song is Unmoved (composed when Juka, Kazuno and Tohru were on M10M), the others are just normal. I give a generous 6 for this album. This album is for the great Moi Dix Mois's fans or those which like j-metal, goth-metal. // 6

Comments