The Antidote review by Moonspell

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
Moonspell: The Antidote

In this album Fernando Ribeiro, the Moonspell vocalist, goes from a hell-freezing growl to sweet bassy melodic voice. The guitars follow the voice, as well as the drums and bass (which is noticed, unlike many other bands), making everything "connect." Every song flows after the other (the best example of this is the transition between "In And Above Men" and "From Lowering Skies"). This album follows the style of Darkness And Hope, (what I believe to be) gothic metal at it's prime.

The lyrics are quite deep, the kind of lyrics that leaves you thinking after you read them. The singer is bloody awesome, he's got one of the bassiest voices out there, he fits perfectly into the music his band mates are playing. The "blasts" after quiet verses like in "From Lowering Skies" and "Everything Invaded," where he makes that demonic scream I said before, are plain great.

As far as I know, this album, as well as most of the Moonspell music, is unlike everything out there. It bleeds metal. My favorite songs in this album are In And Above Mean, From Lowering Skies, Everything Invaded, The Antidote and A Walk On The Darkside. All the others are great too, but this, in my opinion, stand out. If it were lost, I'd live in guilt forever. If it was stolen, I'd find the creep who did it and make him listen to Blink 182 for the rest of his miserable life.