This Is No Time Ta Sleep review by Morning Glory

Morning Glory: This Is No Time Ta Sleep

Morning glory was founded by Ezra during the time of the growing crack rock steady fanbase in NYC. This entire album was written and produced entirely by Ezra himself. Really an amazing "album". This is mostly a ska/punk album, but the beauty of it is that there are aspects of rock, reggae, rap, and even folk thrown in on this one. Really, Morning Glory, as a band, don't get the recognition that they deserve.

The lyrics are extremely well written. Intelligent, thought provoking, and amazing sounding. The lyrics normally typical vibey punk/ska sounding, but with the occasional double time (for maybe 1 beat) to give them some life and energy. Finally, Ezra quite possibly has the best performance of any of the crusty ska singers (although his voice is a fair bit less crusty).

All the Morning Glory albums are amazing, but this was their only full length, and I have to say it is their best. Every single song on this record is impressive, or innovative. I love Everything about this album, it is up in my top albums of all time. The odd thing is that "This Is No Time Ta Sleep" is musically the most advanced and the best written of the 3 mentioned above. This is both a positive and a negative thing. It gives me more respect for the musicians, but it's makes the album a little more difficult to listen to in it's entirety. Whereas, for example, destroy to create has a much more homogenous sound.

JesusOfSbrbia
    So where can I get it? I can only find the new re-release of "The Whole World Is Watching" online, and I'm not going to spend so much money on like 9 songs. Where did YOU get it?