A Call To The Martyrs review by Mortal Treason

• Released: Feb 24, 2004
Mortal Treason: A Call To The Martyrs

Holy crap. I almost took a vicious dump in my pants when I first put the CD in. Right from the get go, track one rips your face off then gives it back at the end of the CD. Double bass, brutal growls, an awesome scream, unbelieveable riffs. Any band can put together some sweet riffs, good beats, good vocals, but to tie it all together as perfectly as this band does, oh man they rule so hard.

Being a Christian, I love it. If you're not a Christian then you have 2 options: 1. Just buy the CD; you can't understand what he's saying anyway unless you lookup the lyrics. 2. Become a Christian so when you do catch a glimpse of what he's saying, it'll be gravy. Other than that, I don't know if the lyrics really matter, you'll be rocking out way to fiercely to care.

I've been waiting for a Christian band like this for a while. If you like As I Lay Dying, Nodes of Ranvier, Living Sacrifice, FewLeftStanding, Seventh Star, then these guys should definitely be at the top of your list! And what makes this band even harder, the lead singer Seth Kimbrough, he rides for Team Hoffman! Holy Crap! I high recommend this album. Please support this group so they'll come out with more material!