Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood review by Mortal Treason

• Released: Jul 19, 2005
Mortal Treason: Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood

This CD is very scream metal, it is original however, not as good as A Call To The Martyrs... After a complete change in line up, except frontman: Seth Kimborough, the sound completely transformed, the screams used to be slow, and would change complete rythm throuout the songs, same with the instrumental, now they keep a slightly more regular beat with fast screams and not quite as much growling, overall, the CD is pretty good, it wasn't anywere as bad as Norma Jean's lineup change.

Still rocking lyrics, being a true christian, the lyrics are still straight up non-metophoric Christian lyrics, this keeps Mortal Treason at close to the top of the charts on my own rating, very clean, pure, and true lyrics.

I was highly impressed, they sound like nothing I've heard before, but it didn't impress me near as much as A Call To The Martys did. If I lost the CD, I would definatly buy another copy though. I love how the screams come in together, but I don't like how they sound almost the same in most songs. My favorite songs on the album would have to be Abbadon and These Evil Days, they have the most rhythmic changes througout the song, and the bass guitar and double bass drums are more than perfect.

DawnClover
    good review. my favorite song on this has to be "Death is The Beginning"... freaking EPIC!
    DeMoNhUnTeR777
    this band rocks. it sucks they wont come out with anything else. my favoite song would definately have to be Taste of a Bitter Soul
    ianawhite
    this whole cd is epic i can't tell whether i like this more than a call to the martyrs but still my favorites are: dig your own grave abbadon