Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood Review

Mortal Treason: Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood
Released: Jul 19, 2005
Label: Flicker
Genres: Grindcore, Death Metal/Black Metal
Mortal Treason have dropped what appears to be a quite epic album on the masses, however they need some more 'word of mouth' to get the steam behind them because not many people outside the Christian music scene know who they are.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Sunrise Over A Sea Of Blood Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 01, 2005

Sound: This CD is very scream metal, it is original however, not as good as A Call To The Martyrs... After a complete change in line up, except frontman: Seth Kimborough, the sound completely transformed, the screams used to be slow, and would change complete rythm throuout the songs, same with the instrumental, now they keep a slightly more regular beat with fast screams and not quite as much growling, overall, the CD is pretty good, it wasn't anywere as bad as Norma Jean's lineup change. // 9

Lyrics: Still rocking lyrics, being a true christian, the lyrics are still straight up non-metophoric Christian lyrics, this keeps Mortal Treason at close to the top of the charts on my own rating, very clean, pure, and true lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I was highly impressed, they sound like nothing I've heard before, but it didn't impress me near as much as A Call To The Martys did. If I lost the CD, I would definatly buy another copy though. I love how the screams come in together, but I don't like how they sound almost the same in most songs. My favorite songs on the album would have to be Abbadon and These Evil Days, they have the most rhythmic changes througout the song, and the bass guitar and double bass drums are more than perfect. // 9

Comments