Commit This To Memory review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
Motion City Soundtrack: Commit This To Memory

Motion City Soundtrack's uniqueness is due to there use of catchy keyboard and guitar sequences. It really blends well into a heavenly combination of sound. This CD is definately more mature than "I Am The Movie." The band has had time to get much better. This album's quality is great.

The lyrics range from easy going things to very deep statements. Some of the lyrics are very touching. They fit very well with the music. Not to many conflicts to speak of. Justin's singing is excellent. No one can imitate his unique sound. He also writes most of the lyrics so he sings like he actually means them.

This album blows me away. I really can't compare the sound to anyone else because it is unique. I think MCS is the best keyboard/2 guitar/bass/drums band there is. This album reflects that. "Everything Is Alright" is an awesome upbeat song. On the other end of the spectrum "Hold Me Down" and "LG Fuad" are deep songs with deep meanings. The only thing I dislike is why "Hold Me Down" has a 1:00 solo of pretty much light static after the song. I know thats the last track, but is it really necessary. If this was stolen I would buy it again and track down whoever stole it to give them hell. I would definately recommend all modern alternative rock fans to pick this album up.