Commit This To Memory review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
Motion City Soundtrack: Commit This To Memory

I actually had not heard motion city soundtrack before I bought this CD (well, I had heard "My Favorite Accident," but at the time I heard it, I loved it, ubt didn't know the band). I went to best buy and asked whats a good band with a keyboard in it and the person at the desk gave me it. When I heard the first song, "Actractive Today," I was blown away. After listening to the album, I loved how they mixed keyboard and amazing guitar lines, and the fact that they were they first keyboard-infused-punk-bands I have ever heard. These guys are probably one of the most original bands out there. In "Hold Me Down," the guitarline is probably one of the best I've ever heard, and is a complete show off of the vocals. All the other songs are like that. The best tracks on the album are all of them, no joke.

When I heard the lead singer for these guys, I was thinking in my head "Did the Slipknot lead singer completely change his style and bands?" I was listening to alot of heavy stuff at the time i.e. Dream Theater, Slipknot, Metallica, The Used, they all have amazing lead singers, and I had been blown away. Even my mom liked the lead singer. He is almost as good as the Slipknot lead singer, but not that hes mega heavy or anything, it's like when he goes all calm and sings is like the Motion City Soundtrack vocals. Pure amazingness. Lyrics, they sound like a diary. I was looking in the lyric book thing, and it looks like a diary, with notes to the side, its very good thought put to the lyrics.

This is an album I have in my other CD binder, with CDs no one can touch but me (yeah, I'm a bit obsesive). It is completely original, the guitar lines are decent (7/10) but the keyboard makes them a perfect ten. so the vocals match the guitarists style. "Hold Me Down" shows perfect guitar lines matching with vocals, while "Hangman" shows amazing lyrics put into vocals nicely, and good guitars behind it. If I lost this, the second it was gone, I'd buy another one. Perfect 15. One of the best CDs I have ever heard.

[NIN]_ROCK!
    With this album I realized that Motion City Soundtrack is definitely the best Punk-Pop band around.Their music is soft(only the melodies),but the lyrics are very deep ant touching(truly beautiful too).Songs like "Together We'll Ring In The New Year","L.G. Fuad","Resolution" or "Hold Me Down" are simply brilliantly written.The lyrics are depressive-yet-heartfelt and Justin sings them in a very unique way.They're very original and underrated(people prefere stuff like Fall Out Boy to them,which is sad).I listen to a lot of heavy stuff(Cradle Of Filth,[NIN],Slipknot,Deftones,etc.....),but this soft masterpiece blew me away the day I bought it.It's recommended to everyone,no matter the age or musical taste
    turbopunk2000
    I agree with nine inch nails guy. After all the blistering fast and heavy hardcore i listen to, this band is kind of relaxing, unlike fallout boy, which absolutely sucks. It's good for mellowing out.
    ApplesforAndrew
    incredible album. I can't wait for the dvd version that's got tons of live footage on it. I don't think justin can be compared to the lead singer of slipknot though. He really doesn't growl. he is a great lead singer though.