Commit This To Memory review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
Motion City Soundtrack: Commit This To Memory

in my opinion this band rocks, they have a different sound, vocally and instrumently referring to the moog. this CD is just about as good as I am The Movie but is more intence I think. This CD has the best MCS song ever in my opinion, Everything is Alright, it also has two more hits, Hold Me Down, wich is slower and L.G.Fuad, I can't pronounce it but it's an awesome song nonetheless. thier vocals have definately changed I don't know if it's an improvement but it still sounds alright. I just bought this CD and found out it also has a DVD which I still need to look into but it's a fairly decent CD.

The lyrics some times have no meaning at all but kind of give you a picture of some thing, in my opinion, funny. Not that it's bad because it isnt most of these songs sound like they were made by fun for fun and not too many bands do this these days. The lyrics go with the tune if is slower than the lyrics are more modest but if it's upbeat and catchy you got a crazy song. The lead vocals are amazing and unique and cachty. no one can hate his vocals.

This is a one of a kind band that I have a feeling is going to spread inspiration to younger bands which could start a whole new categorey of music. I think Everything Is Alright is the best song on the album and if you buy the CD/DVD like me you'll get the bonus track Invisable Monsters. This is a CD worth buying again.

fod_666
    agreed.an awesome album..that's just fun to listen to.gotta love it woo
    vanceboy
    okay CD...kinda emo-ish sounding. Singer's voice is hard to listen to for long lengths of time. Very catchy though...
    Amalgam
    It's good, if nothing else, just because it's catchy and original. Honestly, no new band of the new millenium sounds like them. Amazing bands
    stradivari310
    Capnjak
    stradivari310 wrote: I don't know anybody who doesn't like MCS.. possibly one of the best pop-punk/alternative bands ever
    My brother, of course, is the one idiot in the world who hates it.. He thinks Justin's voice is squirrely? I hit him in the face on while I was driving on the highway when he said that.