Even If It Kills Me review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kills Me

MCS (Motion City Soundtrack) had immediately caught my attention when I first heard the song "Everything Is Alright" off the "Commit This To Memory" album. I loved the beat and the lyrics were very catchy and it was fun to listen to! I immediately looked into MCS's discography to see their past and future recordings. When I discovered that "Even If It Kills Me" released September 18, I grabbed a copy and listened through the whole thing. It was amazing. MCS has captivated their own popish alternative sound and added on to it in this album. They have a variety of different mini genres within this CD, from techo-pop to acoustic sad songs. MCS has simply taken their own style and made it better. Great work.

I always enjoyed MCS's lyrics. They are a little on the emo side sometimes, but they are also easy for me to relate to in my past experiences. The lyrics to "Broken Heart" are sad, but have a quick pace to the song that makes it enjoyable to listen to and sing along with. "Antonia" is also a rather funny song that talks about the things the singer thinks about his wife. And finally, the song "Even If It Kills Me" is a perfect ay to end the new CD. It has a good message I believe, and it kinda wraps up what the whole album was about.

I don't think that MCS is the only band that has the type of music you'll hear on "Even If It Kills Me", but if I had to choose between MCS, All-American Rejects, and Fall Out Boy, I would definately pick MCS. The songs that stand out to me in this album are "Broken Heart", "This Is For Real", "Fell In Love Without You", and "Even If It Kills Me." It is overall an awesome CD for anyone who like good music in general. I don't really see anything bad about it! If I lost this album, I would run back to Best Buy and get a copy as soon as I could. Buy this album. It's totally worth $9.99 or whatever the cost is!

bhud
    Calling All Cops sure is related to Capital H in the sense they both have random superhero themes. The conversation is too boring. This cd is great, MCS is one of few bands who has really stayed true and just kept building on from they're first cd to the newest.
    bhud
    Last Night is a very emo song, but probably the best on the CD