Even If It Kills Me review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kills Me

I would first like to start off by saying this is my first review posted online, and I everyone finds this very useful. Now, on to the CD. Overall sound was kind of more, alternative on this album. The first album, "Commit To Memory", was more upbeat. This album still has upbeat songs but also has a very slow piano song, titled "The Conversation." None of the guitar work is really difficult. The drums seem kind of basic. In Motion City Soundtrack's defense, this album wasn't made for that. I think this is a good jump for Motion City Soundtrack.

Every song tells a story. Most songs sound really upbeat and happy but the lyrics tell of a dramatic moment. It is a really good album. It has sad parts but isn't emo. I was really impressed with the vocalist's vocal ability. I honestly wasn't expecting that.

I feel this is my favorite album from Motion City Soundtrack. This album deffinitely has the best lyrics of anything in their past work. I really love that all of the songs are good. I have some I like more than others but there isn't one bad song on the album. This is one my few CDs that I can put in and let it just play through. My favorite song is probably, "This is for real." The guitars sound good and the lyrics are really fun to listen to. If I were to lose this album, I probably would buy this album again or try to bum it off of one my friends. It is a really good album and diserves a listen. Thank you Motion City Soundtrack.

JS5150
    This one took time to grow on me and its fantastic. I also saw them live the first day of their tour. Also amazing.
    XxCarryOnHome
    Someone needs to tab "pont of extinction". It's my favorite song by them ever and no one else seems to like it.