Even If It Kills Me review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kills Me

I think that the sound is a little more popish than their other cd's. But I don't mean that in a bad way, they still have their punk roots in the music. I believe that this CD was one of the best of 2007. It is the first one that Justin has written the lyrics for sober. it's very innovated the music goes great with the lyrics and the synth goes great with all the guitars and the drums.

Well I don't think that they never dissapoint me in lyrics. Justin starts out the song about falling in love. And ends the CD about him being sober and he wants to stay sober even if it kills him. The lyrics go great with everything on almost every song but Calling All Cops. I just think that song doesn't belong on the CD. All the songs have a different feel for them and it can go from depressing to even more depressing. I think this story tells a story about my life in a way. But justin has a great clean voice like he always does and it's nice to hear other artist came in and helped out.

This one is far more superior to the other CD's Motion City Soundtrack has made. The most impressive songs on the album are Can't Finish What You Started, Hello Helicopter, The Conversation, and Even If It Kills Me. The thing I love about this CD is everything but Calling All Cops. I hate that song with a passion. If I lost or it got stolen I would re-buy it without a doubt.

PrettyxOdd
    XxCarryOnHome wrote: Someone needs to tab "pont of extinction". It's my favorite song by them ever and no one else seems to like it.
    I love it too
    brian12327
    This is their 3rd CD not counting EPs and Commit this to Memory is their 2nd and I Am The Movie is their First