Hooray For The Madness [DVD] Review

artist: Motion City Soundtrack date: 11/13/2006 category: compact discs
Release Date: June 20, 2006
Hooray For The Madness DVD, which includes a live concert from the 7th Street Entry in Minneapolis, a documentary about the band, an exclusive video for L.G. FUAD, and much more. That is 3+ hours of footage plus "Invisible Monsters", a previously unreleased song!
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 8
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Hooray For The Madness [DVD] Reviewed by: fret13, on november 13, 2006

Sound: Motion City Soundtrack is one of the most lively, hardworking bands of our age in my opinion. They stared off really small, and still haven't hit their full potential but have made an impression. Their lead singer, Justin, who writes their music, is not only talented with writing a melody but also a decent guitar player. Their bass player, Matt, is also one heck of a musician and clearly knows what he is doing. The drummer, Tony, is also a good drummer because him and Matt both went to college and took about two or so years of college. What I like about Motion City Soundtrack is that they aren't screamo, I'm getting so sick of screamo bands now, save a few like Silverstein who are also very good. Also, Motion City Soundtrack doesn't have too much of a negative message. Sure a few "F" bombs here and there but no sex, drugs, and Satinism, just a few "drunk" lines but it's all in good fun, I can live with it. I think taht in the future, Motion City Soundtrack will be the mainstream band. // 10

Overall Impression: Moyion City Soundtrack is unique and will always be unique and I think that the entire DVD is worth watching over and over again, it's good for entertainment and for young bands to see what it would be like to be a huge band one day iand what they have to do to accomplish their dreams. I love that these guys took the time to make this it's great and gave me a few laughs, these guys know how to have fun. There is nothing to hate about it, it's jsut a fun DVD but has a lot of cussing so leave to yourself. // 9

Comments