I Am The Movie review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Jun 24, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Motion City Soundtrack: I Am The Movie

The members of Motion City Soundtrack use a weird blend of sounds. They actually have a doog instead of a keyboard, which provides a nice touch. Their guitarists really aren't that great, but their drummer totally rocks, so that makes up for it. Their techno rock, like nothing you've ever heard before, their songs are so weird and quirky, but you can't stop listening to them.

Their lyrics really don't make much sense. In "The Future Freaks Me Out," it starts out: "I'm on fire, and now I think I'm ready, to bust a move, check it out I'm rocking steady-go!" which has no compliance to the rest of the song, but still sounds awfully cool. One problem is that you can't understand their lead singer, and have to look in the lyric book to even get one word right.

A lot of their songs sound the same, but, I went to their concert, and their really good performers. Too bad you can't see them play, because that makes them about 10 times better. If you want something new, this is the album to buy, but if you're stuck with more "popular" sounding music, don't even bother with Motion City Soundtrack. Their a good dance band and background music, but they don't bring much else to the table. Yet, I still recommend their CD.