I Am The Movie review by Motion City Soundtrack

• Released: Jun 24, 2003
Motion City Soundtrack: I Am The Movie

This CD has a mellow but alivening sound to it. I like the keyboard in all of their songs. It's cool to watch the keyboard player live. But overall, really good sound- unique, iff you will. Maybe they could have a few more guitar solos, although they sort of have them, but the singer is singing (what else would he be doing) when it's happening.

I like their singer's voice, especially when he goes falsetto for a note or two or when he sings fast for a second or two. The lyrics aren't not anything out of the ordinary though. I think "My Favorite Accident" would be a good song to play/sing to your ex though.

This is a great album. It sort of gives me a vibe to go ride bmx, although I only skateboard. Motion city soundtrack is kind of a weird name, bu that has nothing to do with why I would like or dislike this album. I've been waiting to get it and iit met my expectations. Definatly a good dabeut album. I'd also like to get commit to memory, and I'm looking forward to what they put out in years to come.

stradivari310
    doog haha thats the freakin funniest thing ive ever heard.. but anyway, MCS is the best band ever. creative and excellent. and whoever wrote that brilliant first review, kudos to you. music theory is fun.
    theAlts
    I love Motion City Soundtrack. They are intelligent, quirky and catchy. The lyrics are incredible! They are so unique! Definitely get this album; you will not be disapointed!=)